David Rosen: Personal Injury Attorney
David Rosen is the President of the Oregon Law Foundation, current Chair of the Deschutes County Access to Justice Committee, and was elected to the 2021 Oregon State Bar Board of Governors. In 2020, David served as Regional Director for OTLA Wildfire providing free legal help for victims of Oregon Wildfires, and was honored to have been selected to the 2020 Oregon Super Lawyers list.
EXPERIENCED CIVIL LITIGATOR AND PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
David began his career in the legal field in 2001, working as an economist for a large, Washington, D.C. firm on the Department of Justice’s RICO case against the Tobacco companies. David would later be hired by that same firm as a summer associate. Upon graduation from law school, he was then hired as an associate assisting in the representation of Fortune 500 companies in the fields of internet service providers, telecommunication companies, and major retailers of household goods.
In 2010 David returned to Central Oregon with his family, where he has exclusively practiced personal injury law since 2011. While many civil attorneys seldom get to court, David has arbitrated and mediated injury and accident cases throughout a good deal of Oregon and tried cases to 12-person juries in Deschutes, Jackson, Josephine, and Klamath counties.
EXPERT LEGAL REPRESENTATION
Leveraging a well-rounded background in law, economics, and damage theories, David combines Big Law training with the heart of a person who has gone through the legal process as a plaintiff. He delivers fierce representation for his clients, drawing from this extensive legal experience to advocate for victims of motor vehicle collisions, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, product liability issues and other negligence. David has successfully negotiated, mediated, settled and arbitrated numerous injury cases with all the big insurance companies and established a reputation of providing top notch representation in a uniquely compassionate manner.
Call now for a free case review (541) 306-6553.
DAVID’S LEGAL EDUCATION
David attended the University of Maryland School of Law on a full scholarship, where he was mentored by President Jimmy Carter’s Attorney General, Benjamin Civiletti. While in law school, David spent a semester working in the United States Senate for Ron Wyden and at the United States Department of Justice, main building. David’s undergraduate degree is from the University of Pennsylvania.
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Oregon State Bar: Board of Governors
- Region 1, 2021
Oregon Law Foundation
- President, 2021
Oregon State Bar: House of Delegates
- Elected Delegate, 2012-2014, 2015-Present
- County Bar President Delegate, 2014-2015
Deschutes County Bar Association: Board of Directors
- Immediate Past President, 2015-2016
- President, 2014-2015
- Vice President, 2013-2014
- Secretary, 2012-2013
Boards and Committees
- OTLA Wildfire Relief: Regional Director, 2020
- Oregon State Bar, Uniform Civil Jury Instructions Committee: Member, 2018-2020
- Deschutes County Access to Justice Committee: Chair and Founding Member, 2016-Present
- Oregon Law Foundation: Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Campaign for Equal Justice: Table Captain, 2013-Present
- Oregon State Bar, Futures Task Force Innovations Committee: Appointee, 2016-2017
- City of Bend, Marijuana Technical Advisory Committee: Member, 2016
- Deschutes County Civil Bar Bench Committee: Member, 2014
- Deschutes County Arbitration Commission: Member, 2014
- Oregon Women Lawyers: Member, 2014-Present
- American Association for Justice: Member, 2011-Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association: Member, 2011-Present
- Deschutes County Bar Association: Member, 2010-Present
- American Bar Association: Member, 2008-Present
- Federal Bar for the District of Oregon, 2011
- Oregon State Bar, 2010
- District of Columbia Bar, 2009
- Maryland State Bar, 2008
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, (OSB Quality of Life Committee) Oregon State Bar, Learning the Ropes Seminar, 2020
- Interviewee, Access to Legal Records in Rural Oregon, Oregon Public Broadcasting, Think Out Loud, 2019.
- Testimony, In Support of Increased Funding for Legal Aid, Restoring Court Staffing Levels, and Additional Judges in Counties with Significant Need, Joint Committee on Ways and Means, Oregon State Legislature, 2019.
- Author, Bringing the Breath to Work, Oregon Attorney Assistance Program, In Sight, 2018.
- Presenter, Lawyer in the Library: Improving Access to Justice in our Community, 2017.
- Contributor, The Future of Legal Services in Oregon, Reports and Recommendations of the Innovations Committee, Futures Task Force, Oregon State Bar, 2017.
- Contributor, CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW DEVELOPMENTS, ABA Section of Antitrust Law 2009.
- Presenter, Consumer Protection Update, ABA Committee on Consumer Protection, Aug. 2009.
- Co-author, New Massachusetts Data Security Requirements Go Into Effect, Cyberspace Lawyer, Nov. 2008.
- Contributor, DATA SECURITY HANDBOOK, ABA Section of Antitrust Law 2008.
Schedule your free consultation
Take your first step on the path forward
HIGH DESERT LAW
IN THE NEWS
How about them lemons…...
"REDMOND, Ore. (KTVZ)...
Learn our 8 expert tips...
The Deschutes County...
See High Desert Law in...