High Desert Law
Effective Date: July 31, 2020
We at High Desert Law respect your privacy and want you to understand how we collect, use, and share data about you – our visitors, users and customers.
By using the Platforms, you agree to the terms of this Policy. You should not use our Platforms if you do not agree with the terms and conditions contained in these Agreements.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. The type of information we may collect include your:
- email address
- phone number
- demographic information
- any other information you choose to provide
Automatically Collected Information through Tracking Technologies
- type of browser you use
- access times
- pages viewed
- time spent on pages
- links clicked
- your IP address
- the referring link through which you accessed the Site
- conversion information
- Additionally, if you communicate with us regarding our Website or our services, we will collect any information that you provide to us in any such communication.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We use the collected information primarily for our own internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving our services and Website, fulfilling requests for information, and providing customer support.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- Public Information – Any information that you voluntarily choose to share in a public area of our Platforms (e.g., by posting a comment to a blog post or leaving a review) will be available to anyone who has access to that content. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through e-mail, discussion boards, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others.
- Internal Use – We may share your personal information within the Company to our employees and contractors, in order to deliver our services and products to you.
- 3rd Party Services – We use third-party service providers to collect and process personal information from or about you on our behalf. Examples include data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, customer services and support, hosting customer accounts, processing credit card payments, and collecting customer research or satisfaction surveys. They have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions.
- Advertising Services – We use third-party advertising services, like Facebook to deliver advertising about our products and services on our Platforms, as well as other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information we have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
- Analytics – We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services, like Google on the Platforms. These services use tools to help us analyze your use of the Platforms, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Platforms, usage and performance data, and purchasing behavior. We use this data to improve the Platforms and provide information, products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Legal Services – We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- Change of Ownership – We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as we provide with respect to the information we share.
We will not sell or otherwise provide the information we collect to outside third parties for the purpose of direct or indirect mass email marketing.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies and “Do Not Track” Signals: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default for your convenience. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Platforms. Further information about deleting and blocking cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. To learn more about Do Not Track, visit: http://www.allaboutdnt.org/
This Website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Platforms. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
High Desert Law
990 NW BROOKS STREET, SUITE 1
BEND, OREGON 97703